The Section 8 Waiting List is now open!
See details here
CHA provides housing assistance to over 1,900 families in Columbia and Boone County.
Families pay 30% of their adjusted household income for rent.
Our Family Self-Sufficiency Programs help families develop five-year plans for self-sufficiency.
201 Switzler St.
Columbia, MO 65201
(573) 443-2556 phone
(800) 735-2966 TTY Relay
REPORTS TO: Director of Safety
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is responsible for patrolling public housing areas; responding to and documenting calls for service and criminal and/or lease violations reports; crime prevention and other safety initiatives; and resident relations. Safety Officer will have a high degree of contact with residents of public housing, police, fire, and medical personnel.
Every other Monday evening, 5 P.M. to 10 P.M.,
Every other Saturday 12:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Every Sunday 12:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Totaling 40 hours every two weeks or shifts as assigned by the Director of Safety.
SALARY: $15.45-$21.00 per hour based on experience level.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Patrol all CHA properties by foot and vehicle each shift, maintaining a high degree of visibility, making frequent resident contact to build relationships, prevent crime, gather information and discourage lease violations, to help residents maintain housing.
• Work with area agencies that provide services to enhance the welfare and safety of CHA residents.
• Issue trespass warnings according to procedure / policy.
• Monitor developments for physical defects in lighting, mechanical equipment, structures and other items.
• Respond to requests for assistance from residents.
• Enforce parking regulations, including ticketing and/or towing of vehicles.
• Complete and submit a daily log indicating date, time, location of call/activity and disposition.
• Timely record incidents and all follow-up reports using the Safety Records System.
•Review all Safety Reports and correspondence each shift worked to stay abreast of Safety Staff activity.
• Work closely with CHA Public Housing management and CHA staff to identify and resolve safety related problems.
• Maintain files of various reports and logs.
• Handle all assigned duties in a timely and professional manner.
• Coordinate maintenance records and upkeep schedule of assigned Safety vehicles.
• Submit periodic reports.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and the CEO.