HCV Program Manager Opening
Housing Choice Voucher Program Manager
Pay Range: F
Reports To: Director of Housing Programs
Salary Range: $39,520.00 to $56,160.00 annually, plus excellent fringe benefits
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Performs administrative work of considerable difficulty involving technical and program support, review and process all request for tenancy approval, scheduling of initial inspections, provide support for applicants seeking affordable housing, acting landlord liaison, provide additional support for Intake Coordinator, and other needed responsibilities within the Housing Choice Voucher Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Obtain, process and correct EIV and PIC reports via HUD’s Secure Systems website for all Housing Choice Voucher programs monthly.
- Communicate PIC and EIV errors and possible solutions to Director of Housing Programs.
- Conduct department-wide file reviews to ensure proper documentation is maintained. Provide a monthly report of file reviews. If data and documents are missing, coordinate with the appropriate staff to gather the missing information.
- Assist with determining department staffing and training needs; Coordinate and provide appropriate training, coaching, and leadership.
- Monitor compliance, schedule, and monthly reporting of HQS inspections.
- Assist with the preparation of SEMAP.
- Landlord Liaison; provide assistance to current and new landlords.
- Adhere to Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations pertaining to program requirements.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information such as client files.
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, owners, co-workers, clients and partnering agencies.
- Evaluate standard operating procedures and process and provide recommendations for program excellence and performance improvement.
- Assist with new hire training.
- Ability to fill in during times of staff shortage.
- Coordinate special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of Intake Coordinator(s).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply HUD and CHA policies and procedures to consistently produce timely and accurate results.
- Advanced knowledge of HCV program requirements as reflected in HUD regulations, handbooks, notices, forms, guides and HCV program policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of non-program federal requirements that affect income and rent determinations, including Fair Housing/Equal Opportunity, fraud/program abuse, and employment practices.
- Advanced knowledge of HUD performance standards (SEMAP indicators) and CHA performance standards as they relate to income and rent determination.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and make sound judgments independently in accordance with HUD regulations, references, rules, policies, and guidelines.
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, communications, research, analysis, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to make error-free mathematical computations and routinely complete detailed documents accurately are essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: high school diploma or its equivalent; Preferred: bachelor’s degree in social service, business or public administration or related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience with subsidized housing programs, preferably with increasingly responsible experience in administering housing programs or property management, including supervision and/or lead experience, or equivalent related experience and education.
- A minimum of four years of experience with computers and software systems.
- Must be bondable and insurable.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
- Must be willing to travel overnight a minimum of 15 days annually for training or attendance at conferences/workshops.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a bank account for direct deposit purposes.
- Must possess an industry-related certification exam for Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers or be able to obtain within six months of employment.
Please direct applications or inquiries to Human Resources: DHarris@columbiaha.com
CHA Application for Employment & Authorization