Font Size: decrease font size Increase font size




The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.

HUD VASH vouchers are rental vouchers used specifically for homeless veterans. Currently the Columbia Housing Authority has received 85 VASH vouchers.  Families are determined eligible through the Department of Veterans Affairs and sent as a referral to the Columbia Housing Authority for rental assistance.  The VA is responsible for determining the eligibility of the veterans and the Columbia Housing Authority is responsible for determining income eligibility.  The family is required to receive case management services from the VA until the VA determines it is no longer necessary. Families who do not comply with the case management service will be terminated from the HUD-VASH program.

If you are a homeless veteran, please contact Department of Veterans Affairs, Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital at 1-800-349-8262 or visit their web-site

If you have further questions regarding the HUD VASH Voucher, please contact Charline Johns, Special Programs Specialist at 573-443-2556.


Return to Housing Choice Voucher Program & Services


The Section 8 Waiting List is now open!
See details here

You Should Know

CHA provides housing assistance to over 1,900 families in Columbia and Boone County.

Families pay 30% of their adjusted household income for rent.

Our Family Self-Sufficiency Programs help families develop five-year plans for self-sufficiency.

Contact Us

201 Switzler St.
Columbia, MO 65201
(573) 443-2556 phone
(800) 735-2966 TTY Relay