The HCV Partnership
The HCV Program is a joint effort among you, your landlord, and CHA. We each have responsibilities.
- Supply any information that CHA or HUD determines to be necessary. This includes evidence of citizenship and immigration status, information for use in annual or special certification of family composition, income and deductions.
- Disclose and verify social security information and sign and submit consent forms to obtain information.
- Supply any information requested by CHA to verify that the family is living in the unit or information related to family absence from the unit.
- Promptly notify CHA in writing when the family is absent from the unit for an extended period of time in accordance with CHA policy.
- Notify CHA and the owner in writing before moving from the unit in accordance with the lease.
- Allow CHA to inspect the unit at reasonable times and after reasonable notice.
- Maintain unit in decent condition and correct any damages you have made to the unit that are beyond normal wear and tear.
- Must not engage in threatening, abusive or violent behavior toward CHA personnel.
- Must not participate in illegal drug or violent criminal activity.
- Must not commit fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the program.
- Pay utilities that are not supplied by the landlord.
- Provide and maintain appliances for which you are responsible.
- May not commit serious or repeated lease violations.