Font Size: decrease font size Increase font size

Reporting Household Changes

One of your most important responsibilities is to report to CHA any changes in your income or in the size of your household.

You are required to report changes within 10 working days by submitting documentation to CHA. All forms are available for download from this page, or from the CHA Administrative Building located at 201 Switzler Street Columbia MO 65203.

Always check to make sure each form is signed and dated by all adults in the household, and submit your forms to CHA’s office. For your rent to be adjusted next month, all of your completed forms must be submitted before the 15th of the current month.

For more information, call us at (573) 443-2556

If Income Changes in Your Household

CHA must receive written verification of the change. Verification is usually a letter from the source of income, for example: a letter from your employer stating that your job has ended.

  •  You must provide written documentation of your income change.  Without this verification we cannot process your request. Check stubs or time sheets are not acceptable forms of verification if your employment has terminated.

If Someone Leaves Your Household

  • Report the change to us immediately and provide documentation of their new  address.

If You Have a New Child in Your Family

You must report the new addition of a child within 10 business days of the child’s birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody. Documentation may be required.

  • You will be required to provide documentation of social security status for your child.


If You Add a New Adult to Your Household

You may not add a new adult to your household unless it has been authorized by CHA.  Please contact CHA when you want to add a person to your household.  After we receive your request, and the packet of completed required documents, we will see if the person that you want to add meets eligibility requirements. We will then mail you a letter to set up an appointment to meet with your case manager to complete the process.


The Section 8 Waiting List is now open!
See details here

You Should Know

CHA provides housing assistance to over 1,900 families in Columbia and Boone County.

Families pay 30% of their adjusted household income for rent.

Our Family Self-Sufficiency Programs help families develop five-year plans for self-sufficiency.

Contact Us

201 Switzler St.
Columbia, MO 65201
(573) 443-2556 phone
(800) 735-2966 TTY Relay